Houston Rear End Collision Lawyers Helping Clients Collect Damages
Rear-end collisions happen daily on Houston’s busy streets. While these events may seem less severe than other car accidents, a rear-end crash can cause severe property damage and personal injuries for both a driver and a passenger. These car accidents can be dangerous at both low and high speeds.
You have legal options if you are the victim of a rear-end car accident due to someone else’s negligence. With the help of our talented legal team, you can collect compensation for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. Whatever type of auto accident you have experienced, you deserve financial compensation for the economic and non-economic damages you have suffered. Get the legal help you need for a successful personal injury lawsuit by calling The Shariff Law Firm, PLLC, today. Reach out to us right away at 713-881-9739.
What Are Common Reasons Rear End Collisions Occur in Houston?
Rear-end accidents can happen in various scenarios, and they are not always the rear driver’s fault. The most common reason for a rear-end car accident is distracted driving, such as cell phone use or eating while driving.
Some of the most common reasons for rear-end collisions in Houston are:
- Distracted driving – This includes a variety of behaviors that cause a person to look away from the road or not focus on driving. Some common distracted driving practices are texting or talking on the phone, eating, drinking, applying make-up, or adjusting the car’s audio settings.
- Driving while fatigued – Sleepy drivers may also cause rear-end collisions as their response time is slower due to fatigue.
- Tailgating – Maintaining a safe driving distance is necessary to allow drivers to stop in an emergency. Aggressive drivers sometimes follow too closely behind the car in front, making it impossible to make a sudden stop and avoid a rear-end crash.
- Speeding – When drivers exceed the speed limit, this can also reduce their reaction time and cause a rear-end accident. Collisions at high speeds have more devastating damage and injuries because of the greater impact on both vehicles.
- Poor weather conditions – Houston may not be known for icy roads, but our city does have its fair share of hazardous conditions, including fog and heavy rain. Slippery roads and lack of visibility may both contribute to a rear-end accident.
Whatever the reason for your car crash, you should speak with a rear-end collision attorney immediately to see whether you could recover damages. Relying on a settlement from the insurance company may not be enough to cover your financial burden. Contact us today for help!
What Injuries Can Arise from a Rear-End Collision?
Victims of a rear-end crash may face painful injuries that can take months to heal. If you have experienced any car crash, no matter how small, you should seek medical attention immediately. The adrenaline rush from the accident could mask the pain of even severe injuries, so being examined by a medical professional is essential. Untreated injuries could cause devastating, lifelong damage, so please don’t delay getting the treatment you need.
Rear-end collisions may cause serious injuries, such as:
- Whiplash – The sudden jolting movement from the cars colliding may damage the vertebrae and muscles in the neck, causing a painful condition known as whiplash. Whiplash can make everyday movements painful, affecting the victim’s ability to work and continue with their daily life.
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI) – The car’s motion in a crash can also damage the soft tissue in the brain as it is slammed back and forth inside the skull. This movement can result in a concussion or other brain injuries.
- Hand and foot injuries – Another common problem following a rear-end collision is damage to the driver’s hands and feet. This happens when the wrists or ankles are slammed into the steering wheel or brakes and may cause fractures or sprains.
- Back injuries – Some back injuries that could occur are herniated discs, nerve damage, pinched nerves, or fractures. Back injuries are extremely painful and can reduce movement, making everyday living difficult. Some spinal injuries require surgery, which can be expensive and lead to a long recovery time.
When you suffer because a negligent driver caused a rear-end crash, you may need help covering your expenses. Call The Shariff Law Firm, PLLC, for personal injury lawyers who will defend your rights and fight aggressively to get you the compensation you deserve.
Who Is at Fault in a Rear-End Collision?
Determining fault in any collision is essential when seeking compensation for damages. One of the critical aspects of a personal injury claim is that the other person failed to exercise care and that their actions caused severe injuries. In a rear-end crash, proving who is at fault can be challenging. However, a knowledgeable rear-end collision lawyer will investigate the case and show the judge that you were not at fault for the crash.
One common misconception about rear-end collisions is that the front driver is never at fault. This is not true. If the person in front did not obey a traffic sign, changed lanes without signaling, or stopped suddenly, they could be held responsible for damages caused by the accident. However, if the rear driver was driving recklessly, such as speeding, tailgating, using the phone while driving, or not obeying traffic laws, they could be considered at fault.
Texas is a comparative fault state, meaning it is also possible that both drivers share some of the fault. Depending on the court’s decision, the compensation awarded will be based on how much responsibility the drivers shared for the accident. For example, if one driver was speeding and rear-ended another vehicle, but the front driver had a broken taillight, both individuals may share some responsibility for the crash. The court may give each driver a certain percentage of liability, and the driver with a more significant share of the fault will not receive any compensation. If the victim’s level of fault is 30%, for example, they will receive 70% of the cost of their damages.
Contact our law firm right away to learn whether you could seek damages for your injuries and what you can expect to receive in your case.
What Compensation Should I Receive for My Injuries?
When you have experienced an auto accident, you may worry about covering your expenses when you can’t work. Your insurance coverage may not cover the mounting bills arising from hospital stays, specialist visits, surgeries, and medical equipment. You may not be able to return to work while recovering. However, you could seek damages for all of these and more.
Some items that could be covered in a personal injury lawsuit are:
- Doctor’s visits
- Hospital bills
- Specialist visits
- Medical equipment
- Vehicle repair
- Lost wages or salary
- Reduced earning capacity
- Lost vacation time and bonuses
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional trauma
Your attorney can help you collect the documents and other proof you need to show that you have significantly suffered from your injuries. They can handle the legal aspects of your case so you can focus on resting and healing. Contact us immediately to learn more about what we can do for you.
Should You Hire Our Houston Rear-End Collision Attorneys?
If you are the victim of a Houston rear-end collision, you need legal counsel and representation you can trust. At The Shariff Law Firm, PLLC, we have helped countless clients recover the damages they deserve following an auto accident. Our experience and knowledge give us a deep insight into Texas law, allowing us to get the positive results our clients need.
Don’t go it alone with such a challenging ordeal. You can rely on our skill and talent to get the compensation you deserve for your injuries. We promise to listen carefully to your concerns and overturn every detail in your case to find the best solution for you. Call today at 713-881-9739.