Houston Personal Injury Lawyers Helping Clients Recover Damages in Full
No one expects to be in a serious accident. But when someone else’s negligence causes you or a loved one to experience severe injuries, you should know that you have legal options to recover compensation. Your insurance coverage may not be enough to cover the mounting expenses when you are injured. If the accident was someone else’s fault, you could bring legal action that could lead to compensation for medical bills, lost wages, emotional suffering, and more.
If you think you could have a personal injury lawsuit, please contact our talented legal team. We have helped many clients like you collect damages for their injuries. We understand how stressful this process can be, and we will work tirelessly to seek justice for you so you can focus on resting and recovering. Call 713-881-9739 to schedule a free case evaluation with our skilled, caring lawyers today.
How is Fault Determined Under Texas Law?
In Texas, there are several ways to determine who was at fault in an accident. Your attorney can help you find the truth by utilizing security cameras, police reports, eyewitness accounts, and more. In some cases, we hire an accident reconstructionist who can use evidence found at the scene to recreate the incident and uncover what really happened.
Texas is a comparative fault state, meaning both parties can share fault in the accident. However, you can still collect damages if your share of the fault is less than 50%. The negligent party will then owe you damages according to their percentage of fault. For example, if someone collided with you because they were driving recklessly, but your brake light was out, you could be assigned 25% of the fault. You would then recover 75% of the cost of your injuries.
What Our Clients Say!
What Should I Look for When Hiring a Personal Injury Attorney in Houston?
Choosing a lawyer can be difficult, especially with the many personal injury attorneys in the Houston area. When choosing a law firm, you want to find attorneys who focus on a limited number of practice areas. This shows that they work with the same kinds of claims, giving your lawyers experience and knowledge in the area of law you need help with.
You also need lawyers who are dedicated to seeking justice. The attorneys at your personal injury law firm should listen carefully to your concerns and take your case seriously. They should be able to explain difficult legal terms in a way that you understand so you can be an active participant in the legal process.
EXPERIENCED. AGGRESSIVE. HONEST.
Successfully representing cases in the great state of Texas
The Shariff Law Firm focuses its time and effort on fighting for clients who have suffered serious or catastrophic injuries. Our law firm in Houston has established a legacy of attentive, highly effective representation in matters of all levels of complexity.
Founding attorney M. Obaid Shariff has been immersed in Texas personal injury law his entire career, with a client list reflecting his ability to handle high-profile, complex personal injury matters with skill and efficiency. We have the background and resources to handle serious personal injury matters and get positive results.
At The Shariff Law Firm, you’ll receive individualized and interactive attention and guidance. If you are seeking clear, practical legal guidance and justice for your injuries or business litigation issues, contact us at The Shariff Law Firm and request a free case evaluation.
Why Choose Us?
- At The Shariff Law Firm, PLLC, you will receive the personalized attention and guidance you need in the legal issues you are facing. We will listen carefully to your concerns and explain difficult legal concepts so you will fully understand your options.
- The attorneys at our law firm are dedicated to finding solutions that work. Our insightful lawyers have received generous praise from happy clients who appreciate our insight into Texas personal injury law. We promise to dedicate our knowledge and experience to getting the results you are looking for.
- Our honesty and transparency are other reasons to choose The Shariff Law Firm, PLLC. Our goal is to be upfront about all the issues you are facing so you can be a full, active participant in the legal process. We will not leave you in the dark at this challenging time. You can count on us to be a strong ally in your corner throughout your legal proceedings.
- The level of experience we possess allows us to accurately determine what damages you deserve in your personal injury case. We have helped many clients like you collect total compensation for injuries caused by a negligent party. We will also leverage that knowledge and experience to get positive results in your case.
- Because we focus on a limited practice area, we have extensive experience that allows us to handle highly complex cases. We will defend your interests with confidence, whereas a law firm that spreads its focus over many practice areas may not handle the issues you are facing adequately.
- We value each client and believe that every victim of someone else’s negligence deserves to see justice. We will treat you with the utmost respect and handle your case with great care. At The Shariff Law Firm, PLLC, you are not just another number. You are a valued client and a unique individual who deserves peace of mind and the maximum compensation in your case.
What Damages Can I Recover for My Personal Injuries?
Many accident victims wonder if it is worth bringing a lawsuit when they can simply file a claim with the insurance company. However, the sad truth is that many insurance agents are looking out for the company’s best interests, not those of the injured person. And with the right legal representation, you may recover much more than just the cost of medical care.
Some expenses that could be covered in a personal injury case are:
- Hospital charges
- Ambulance costs
- Expenses related to Rehab, such as therapy, chiropractic care, pain management, etc.
- Specialist visits
- Medical equipment, such as crutches or a wheelchair
- Lost income
- Lost earning capacity
- Lost vacation days and bonuses
- Emotional distress
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Punitive damages (in some cases)
For help recovering the full damages you are owed, contact our highly skilled attorneys to pursue compensation on your behalf.
Latest News & Insights
Can Our Personal Injury Lawyers Help You?
At The Shariff Law Firm, PLLC, we have been helping clients seek compensation for severe and permanent injuries for years. We understand the trauma and frustration that accident victims go through, and we promise to stand by your side as a strong ally in your corner as we seek to get you the full compensation you deserve.
Call us today at 713-881-9739 to schedule your consultation! You can also stop by our conveniently located office at 2500 West Loop South, Suite 300, Houston, Texas 77027. We are located just 0.6 miles from Gerald D. Hines Waterwall Park and 0.9 miles from Martin Debrovner Park. We are also a mere 15.9 miles from William P. Hobby Airport (HOU). Conveniently located just 0.3 miles from The Galleria – Houston.
What Are Some Common Causes of Accidents in Houston?
People are injured in Houston every day, and many of these accidents could have been prevented. If your injury is the cause of someone else’s lack of care, you could have an injury case.
The following are some examples of Houston accidents that could lead to a personal injury claim:
- Car accidents
- Truck accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Rideshare accidents
- Commercial vehicle (bus) accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Workplace injuries
- Wrongful death
- Dog bites
- Pedestrian accidents
While many of these incidents could result in minor injuries, some accidents may be very severe, requiring hospitalization, missed work, and months of physical therapy. As a victim, you could have mounting medical expenses from the ambulance, specialists, medical equipment like crutches, and more. Missing work can make it seem impossible to ever pay off these bills.
We work tirelessly to investigate accidents and recover evidence that proves negligence to further leverage settlement negotiations. This guidance and support can prove to be even more critical for rideshare accidents where you are hit by an Uber or Lyft or are riding as a passenger in one! Whether you’re dealing with a complex rideshare case or have been injured by any of the other accidents listed above, The Shariff Law Firm, PLLC is here to help. Contact us right away to get started recovering compensation for your injuries.